Inert, British, No. 44 Mark II Artillery Fuze, in very good condition, complete with safety cap, safety pin and adapter.
Stamped markings include: No.44 II STECO 11-15" and "R (Broad Arrow)L 2/16"
Markings on the Safety Cap include "No.44 II" and "STECO"
Markings on the Adapter include "No.2/II" and "7/16"
The following is copied from the internet:
Introduced in 1913 this fuze is historically interesting in that it is the first fuze to use a centrifugally operated shutter as a safety feature. It was originally designed for use in TNT filled shell and the early models of this fuze were very poorly manufactured due to the lack of wartime quality control giving rise to many blinds. Improvement in quality control remedied this aspect and the fuze became a reliable proposition. It ran through 32 mark numbers and was declared obsolete in 1950, a testimony to its consistent performance.
It was used in 4.5”, 6” and 9.2” howitzer shells.
International shipping at cost and at buyer's risk.