Double sided A4 size, bound by staples, b&w reprint of "Handbook of Ammunition, 1909, By Authority Of The Lords Commissioners Of The Admiralty", originally published as a 142 page booklet by HMSO in 1909. Has a thin card back and clear acetate front cover. Two pages of original manual printed side by side per page in this copy. Chapter titles include: Gunpowder, Cordite, Cartridges for B.L. Guns, Cartridges For Q.F. Guns, Blank Charges, Cases, Boxes etc, Tubes and the Stores Connected With Them, Projectiles, Fuzes, 1in Aiming Rifle, Machine Gun and Small Arm, Fireworks and Tables of Ammunition For Each Nature of Gun. Many pictures of cases, fuzes, projectiles, complete rounds, BL cartridges, profile of driving bands and associated tools etc. Includes information on QF 3-pr, 6-pr, 12-pr also 4-inch, 4.7-inch and 6-inch cartridges. This is an excellent reference for students of this period of British Royal Navy military ordnance or for anyone researching data on WW1 British ammunition.
1st Class Large Letter to UK postcode will be £2.00. Please contact me for overseas postage cost.
3-4-2 Reprint Sale NOW ON. Buy any THREE reprints on the same day and get the cheapest one FREE. NO limits - buy 6, get 2 free; buy 9 get 3 free etc. Price and postage will be adjusted on the QFA invoice.
The Small Print
- All items are identified to the best of my knowledge but the buyer is responsible for ensuring that the identification is correct.
- Buyers can pay by BACS transfer (preferred), cheque, Postal Order or cash by Registered Post.
- Please wait for my invoice before making any payment. Multiple purchases will be shipped together which will reduce the cost of postage. Please let me know if you would like insurance added to the postage.
- Cost of shipping overseas will be advised at the end of the auction.
- Payment is due within 5 days of receipt of invoice otherwise NPB action will be started. Please get in touch if you need longer than this.
- After payment is made the buyer owns the item and I have no responsibility for the item if it gets lost in transit for any reason.
- Bidding on the item confirms acceptance of these conditions.