Offered for sale here is an unfired, complete, and totally inert Number 254 Point Detonating/Direct Action fuze for the 20mm Hispano and Oerlikon cannons. All parts made of brass - consisting of the main fuze body, the short screw-in booster assembly and perforated front plate.
This is a very simple design of fuze that was used in British 20mm Hispano and Oerlikon HE projectiles which functioned simply by directing a jet of air, created when the end cap was compressed on hitting the target, onto the detonator held in the brass booster assembly attached directly below causing the projectile to explode. No moving parts involved, simple to make and effective in operation.
Totally disassembles and all threads good. Could easily be used to complete a projectile in your collection or it could 'stand alone' as an example of this fuze type. Five fuzes available. Price shown is for one fuze.
Condition as per images above. Second class postage to a mainland UK postcode will be £1.60 for any number of these fuzes.
The Small Print
- All items are INERT and FFE and identified to the best of my knowledge but the buyer is responsible for ensuring that the identification is correct.
- Buyers can pay by BACS transfer (preferred), cheque, Postal Order or cash by Registered Post.
- Please wait for my invoice before making any payment. Multiple purchases will be shipped together which will reduce the cost of postage. Please let me know if you would like insurance added to the postage.
- Payment is due within 5 days of receipt of invoice otherwise NPB action will be started. Please get in touch if you need longer than this.
- After payment is made the buyer owns the item and I have no responsibility for the item if it gets lost in transit for any reason.
- Due to increased security most of my items offered for sale are now UK ONLY - however, if you live outside of the United Kingdom and are interested in bidding please send me a message via the QFA messaging system BEFORE YOU BID so we can discuss whether shipping is possible and how much it will cost to send to your country by courier.
- Bidding on the item confirms acceptance of these conditions.